Job Opening: Executive Director
Chandler Center for the Arts, Randolph Vermont
Chandler Description: Chandler Music Hall is an arts cultural facility located in the town of Randolph, in central Vermont. Built in 1907, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and considered one of the finest small concert halls in America, the building recently went through a $4 million dollar renovation bringing it up to modern standards. It includes a 575 seat acoustically impressive auditorium, an art gallery, and a multipurpose room which currently hosts yoga and dance classes, a film series, and smaller performances as well as being available for rental for private and non-profit events. Chandler Center for the Arts, our non-profit presenting organization, offers a full season of performances, festivals, gallery exhibits, films, community productions and educational activities.
We seek an executive director who will:
- Provide direction and leadership for the Chandler mission*, strategy, goals and objectives
- Position Chandler as an integral and essential element in the Central Vermont region
- Embody Chandler values of inclusion, professionalism, diversity, collaboration, creativity and ethics
- Provide effective professional management of Chandler programs, staff, volunteers and finances
- Provide leadership in fundraising and grant writing to support goals of organization
- Work closely and collaboratively with the board of directors
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a warm interpersonal style
- Develop a vibrant and popular program series, negotiating effectively with performers and their agents
- Be a champion for Chandler and the entire community
Job details: This is a full time job but some flexibility is possible, with the option of occasionally working from home. Some weekend and evening work during performances is required, with compensatory time off during the regular work week. We offer 3 weeks paid vacation per year as well as standard holidays.
For more information about Chandler and our programs, visit our web site www.chandler-arts.org.
Please respond by sending resume, with a cover letter outlining why you are interested in working at Chandler and why you are a good fit for us, to Janet Watton, email@example.com or 71-73 Main St Randolph VT 05060
*Chandler Mission: Chandler Center for the Arts inspires and cultivates artistic expression and education in the performing and visual arts for people of all ages, deepens the cultural and artistic growth of youth, and strengthens and energizes our community by offering opportunities for people to come together in pursuit and celebration of the arts.