One of the New World Festival favorites, with a Juno-winning Best Instrumental Album of 2017, The Fretless, is a young, innovative band that melds the worlds of Celtic, folk and chamber music into an amazing and unique sound with intricate arrangements and percussive chopping. The quartet’s follow up to their 2017 Juno-winning third album goes back to their roots, and their new record is 90% Irish traditional tunes.
- 2017 Juno award for Instrumental Album of the Year
- 2014 CFMA Ensemble of the Year
- 2014 WCMA Instrumental Album of the Year
- 2012 CFMA Ensemble of the Year
- 2012 CFMA Instrumental Group of the Year
- 2012 WCMA Instrumental Album of the Year